WHY ELECTRICAL SAFETY INSPECTION SHOULD BE DONE
Every home and business with electricity should have an electrical safety inspection completed at least once a year. The electrical safety inspection involves two types of inspection. A comprehensive inspection that looks into your electrical system’s aspects, from fuse boxes to electrical wiring. But make sure you hire an experienced electrician company as Westline Electrical Services are. They will look over the entire course for problems and identify any issues that could pose a danger to you, your workers, or anyone else in the building. Making a non-intrusive inspection like this is much safer than a site-based review because it doesn’t require you to touch anything. You can take it when you leave, letting you get done with your other tasks on time.
Following are the reasons to have a safety inspection done:
- One of the biggest is to prevent dangerous situations from occurring. By identifying potential problems with your electrical setup, you can cut down on any possible hazards. For instance, you might find that there are loose connections, defective wiring, or exposed electrical lines, which can all lead to severe consequences if they are not fixed as soon as possible.
- Electrical safety inspections also help ensure that your company is complying with federal and state safety regulations—for example, these inspections to verify that you are following safe installation practices. You can also be ensured that your work is up to current safety standards. Also, federal and state laws often require that companies add extra protection to their equipment and workstations to avoid accidents. Also, a safety inspection can help cut down on the costs of medical bills, which can skyrocket if there is an accident in your workplace.
- Finally, having a safety inspection completed can let you know if there are any serious problems with your equipment or that something is seriously damaged but may still be under warranty. Some major appliances, such as refrigerators and ovens, are costly to repair. If you discover that your electrical equipment is unsafe or has some defect, you can be forced to pay much more than if you had just done an inspection. So, if you want to be proactive and protect yourself, it is always smart to have a safety inspection performed before purchasing any new electrical equipment.
- When it comes to choosing the best company to perform your safety inspection, you should look for one that is accredited by the Department of Electrical Safety and Inspection (DSEI). DSEI accreditation ensures that your chosen inspector is very knowledgeable about the field. A DSEI certified inspector will also have extensive experience in the area. A qualified DSEI inspector will also be able to offer you advice about the safest equipment to use in your workplace. It includes suggestions about what type of work should be performed, what kinds of personnel should be employed to complete the job, and what safety precautions should be taken to avoid accidents.
- Electrical safety inspections should always include a thorough examination of all types of equipment in your workplace. If there are any areas of concern, they should be addressed before any work begins. Additionally, in most cases, an inspection report can be submitted to your employer for a reasonable fee. It will ensure the continued safe operation of your equipment and provide them with the peace of mind that their equipment is in safe hands.